We know real estate transactions often have tight schedules. We work to make the inspection process as efficient and stress-free as possible.
Here’s what to expect when you ask us to do your inspection.
Before the inspection
- We’ll discuss your schedule and agree on a time for the inspection. We’ll also ask if you’d like a radon test.
- We’ll give you a price quote based on the finished square footage and age of the home. Payment can be made by check or cash at the end of the inspection.
- We’ll confirm the appointment with you after we’ve arranged access to the property, and ask you to sign a simple contract.
At the inspection
Inspecting the property typically takes 3-5 hours. We encourage you to attend at least part of the inspection and ask questions, or come at the end to go over the findings. If you can’t make it, we’ll make other arrangements to fill you in on what we’ve seen.
On site, we conduct a “visual” investigation of the entire house
- all the structural components, including foundations, walls, and roof
- major architectural features such as windows, doors, and decks
- checking the operation of the major systems such as the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as the built-in appliances
- exterior wall coverings
- roof and ground-level drainage
- ventilation systems
We discuss with you any irregularities, such as
- safety hazards that require immediate attention
- serious flaws
- minor problems
and discuss possible upgrades, as well as make suggestions for preventative maintenance.
After the inspection
We provide you with a thorough report
- a fifteen-page book with our original notes
- a 1-2 page summary of the most important findings and our recommendations
- relevant photographs
- a copy of the radon test results, if you’ve requested the test
A copy of everything can also be provided for your agent.
You’ll have the information you need to make good decisions about your prospective home.
Call us to get started!